Tuesday, 16 March 2021

Giving Thanks Poem

 

Polygon School have been working with the Mayflower 400 programme and SCC on different projects

Giving Thanks is a campaign to create digital memories that bring the people of Southampton together in a shared celebration of the city and its communities. It is being delivered as part of the ongoing city-wide Mayflower 400 programme and is funded by the Barker-Mill Foundation.

As part of their art learning the boys were invited to contribute towards the whole school poem, in respect of Covid, lockdown and their personal thoughts and feelings. Here is the poem created by their responses. Below is the  link to the Celebration Facebook page 

GIVING THANKS


POLYGON SCHOOL POEM

 

I am thankful for…

Family and friends being so supportive during the stressful pandemic

People being nicer in person

The well-being of my loved ones during the pandemic

So much that there isn’t enough room on this paper

My leisurewear

Being healthy

Having my parents and my sister

The amazing world of screens

Teams

Animals

Life

 

I am missing…

Hugs

Hugs and the apple store

Socialising with friends

Holidays

Pets

School

Sunlight 

 

I am looking forward to…

Better days ahead

Turning the page on this chapter

School again, every bit of it is cool and the practices are even better

Riding my bike

 

I am noticing…

The galaxy expanding

I am a small speckle of paint on this broad canvas called life


https://www.facebook.com/110030017038596/posts/473274674047460/?sfnsn=scwspmo