Wednesday, 31 March 2021

St Giles Trust - County Lines and Knife Crime workshop

We were very fortunate at The Polygon yesterday to have 3 workshop ran by the St Giles Trust. St Giles helps young people learn about the grooming process that may lead to involvement in county line activity and offers peer-led diversion to those at risk. 

All pupils were very engaged throughout the workshops and asked insightful questions. The hard hitting stories and brutal truth was a fantastic tool to engage pupils and bring to life the consequences of gang involvement and knife crime. 

A huge thank you to Rachelle and Nathan for sharing their stories with our school community and we very much look forward to working with you again in the future!

Quotes from pupils and Staff:

"It was educational and they didn't speak down to us"

"Informative"

"Very engaging, took on misconceptions about glorifying drug running" 

"I thought it was informative and brought light onto a subject that's important"

"Good information and I learnt a lot of stuff"

"They spoke the truth and were real"

"Honest and I loved them"